Friday, March 30, 2007

Good Grief

Death affects each of us differently. How we cope with death and the ensuing grief is a unique process as well.

The death of a beloved pet can be a profound loss. Many of us need help coping with the avalanche of emotions this can trigger.

The Humane Society of America has a helpful article on some of the basics of coping with the death of a pet. Just go to www.hsus.org/pets/ to read the article in its entirety. Click “Pet Care” on the left hand side then scroll down the list of alphabetized articles to find Coping with the Death of Your Pet.

I hope this helps answer some questions you may have and provide a little comfort too.

With warmest regards,

Gina

1 comment:

Kathe McFarlane said...

Thank you for this. Today I don't feel I can face another day. Every time I think of Holli my heart aches. I know you understand or you would not have developed or shared you poems and thoughts-thank you!